Tropical Chicken Salad with Caramelized Walnuts and Coconut Shavings
- 2 chicken breasts, diced and boiled in water
- 2 C. fresh diced pineapples (2 small whole pineapples)
- 1/2 C. strawberries cut in quarters
- 1/2 C. coconut shavings
- 3/4 C. walnuts
- 3/4 C. SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 1 Tbs. molasses
- 2 Tbs. Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 Tbs. chicken stock
- 1/2 C. apple, diced
- 2 Tbs. SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 C. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 C. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
Prepare the pineapples by washing and dividing them in half lengthwise; scoop out the pineapple and reserve the shells. Toss the pineapples by washing and dividing them in half lengthwise; scoop out the pineapple and reserve the shells.
To make Caramelized Walnuts
Mix jerk seasoning, stock, molasses and 3/4 C. of SPLENDA. Mixr together in a bowl. Pour in the walnuts, place them on a sheet pan, and bake them in the oven at 350°F until golden brown and crispy. Cool the nuts and add to the chicken mixture.
To Make Tropical Dressing
Mix all the dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add dressing to chicken mixture. Pour the dressing into the mixing bowl with the remaining together. Spoon the mixture into the pineapple half shell and sprinkle with coconut shavings.
Yield: 4 Servings.
Our Best Recipes
Latest Recipe Collections
During the colder months of the year, it can be easy to fall back…
Toast to the new year with a slew of new dessert recipes. These creamy,…
There's nothing better than pulling off a meal that tastes like it…