Tuna Appetizer Platter With Red Wine Sauce
Serving Size / Yield
- 6 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 C. mushrooms, cut into small pieces
- 8 Tbs. butter, unsalted and divided
- 3 lb. tuna, cleaned, trimmed and sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 C. dry red wine
- 1 1/2 C. low-salt chicken stock
- 4 Tbs. fresh tarragon, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat 3 Tbs. oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until soft and golden. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Melt 1 Tbs. butter with remaining olive oil in same skillet over medium heat. Season tuna with salt and cracked pepper. Add steak and garlic to skillet. Sear tuna on both sides lightly, until about medium rare.
To prepare sauce, take chicken stock and pour into stovetop pot. Add wine and stir. Stir and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add remaining butter. Stir in mushrooms. Spoon mixture over steaks. Garnish with tarragon and other desired seasonings.