Turkey Shepherd’s Pie by Katie Lee
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, diced (about 3 carrots)
- 1 C. celery, diced
- 1 lg. onion, minced
- 1 C. white button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 Tbs. butter, divided
- 1 10- oz. bag frozen peas, thawed
- 4 C. cooked turkey, shredded
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, finely minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 C. turkey stock
- 6 C. leftover mashed potatoes
- 3 Tbs. parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, onions, and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add peas, turkey, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add stock slowly and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and allow sauce to thicken, about 3 minutes. Add sauce to vegetable mixture and mix well. Transfer the turkey mixture to a greased 9-by-13-by-2-inch casserole dish.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes over the vegetable mixture, spreading gently to cover. Sprinkle the potatoes with parmesan cheese. Bake until the potatoes are lightly browned, about 1 hour.
Pair with Clos du Bois Rouge
Around The Web