Turkey Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbs. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/3 C. evaporated milk
- 1/4 C. Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1 small onion, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 3 C. cubed cooked turkey
- 3 Tbs. water
- 1/4 C. chopped walnuts (optional)
- chopped fresh parsley
Stir the sweet potatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and milk in a medium bowl. Spoon the sweet potato mixture around the inside edge of a 10-inch round casserole, forming a ring.
Heat the stock and onion in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cook until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the soup, turkey and water. Cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Spoon the turkey mixture into the center of the sweet potato ring.
Bake at 350°F. for 30 minutes or until the turkey mixture is hot and bubbling. Sprinkle with the walnuts and parsley, if desired.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.