20+ min preparation + 30 min cooking
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 8 oz. canned mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 C. flour
- 2 C. chicken broth
- 1 C. parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 Tbs. dry sherry
- 2 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 C. cooked turkey, cubed
- 12 oz. linguine, cooked al dente, drained
- 4 C. broccoli florets, cooked tender-crisp
- 1/2 C. almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1/2 C. bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs. butter, melted
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese, grated
- Prepare the topping by combining the bread crumbs, butter and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a large saute' pan and melt. Add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, nutmeg, thyme, and saute' for 2 minutes.
- Stir the flour into the mushroom mixture and gradually add the chicken broth, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the cheese, sherry, lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir again. Remove from the heat. Add the turkey and mix well.
- Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place one-half of the linguine in the pan.
- Cover with half of the broccoli and half of the turkey mixture. Repeat the layers.
- Sprinkle with the bread crumb topping and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Garnish with the toasted almonds to serve.
Around The Web