Twice Baked Bacon Wrapped Cheese-Filled Dates
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. bacon, thin cut
- 3 C. Deglet Noor dates
- 1/2 C. Pecorino Romano cheese, cut in 1/4 inch by 1 inch slices
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
1. Slice the Pecorino Romano cheese into slices (about twice the width of a match).
2. Insert the cheese sticks into the dates; set aside.
3. Remove bacon from the pkg. and wrap 1/3 slice of bacon around each date. Overlapping the bacon as your wrap. Continue until all the bacon and dates have been used.
4. Place the bacon wrapped dates close together in a baking pan. Place in oven and cook until you can smell the bacon and the bacon appears to be tightening around the dates, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven before cooking is finished.
6. Place dates in an airtight container until 15 minutes before you are ready to serve.
7. When you are ready to serve place dates on a baking sheet with room between them. And place in a 450° F oven for 10-15 minutes until crispy. Remove from oven and serve.