Unbeatable Banana Pudding
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 14-oz. can condensed milk
- 1 C. water, ice cold
- 1/2 C. rum (omit and use 1 1/2 C. water if serving to children)
- 1 3.4 oz. pkg. instant pudding (vanilla is what I always use)
- 3 C. heavy whipping cream
- 1 12-oz. pkg. vanilla wafer cookies
- 3 bananas, ripe, peeled, and sliced
- 1 bag coconut flakes
- 1 bar milk chocolate, finely grated (optional)
- 1 C. pecans, chopped (optional)
In a bowl, quickly whisk together the condensed milk, water, and rum until well mixed. Add the pudding powder and mix until it's dissolved. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake coconut flakes for 3-5 minutes on a cookie sheet until lightly browned (watch closely so they don't burn). Remove from oven and set aside.
In an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold in the pudding gently until the mixture is a uniform faded yellow color.
In a large glass serving bowl, place about 1/3 of the package of vanilla wafers in a circle pattern. Sprinkle 1/3 od the coconut flakes on top.
Then, lay 1 banana's worth of slices on top of the cookies. Add 1/3 of the pudding mix, then do a layer of cookies, coconut, and pudding. For the final layer, just do a layer of cookies then pudding. Top with the remaining coconut and grated chocolate or chopped pecans, if desired. Serve immediately.