- 3/4 C. dry brown lentils
- 2 C. water
- 1/3 to 1/2 C. soy sauce, to taste
- 1 med. onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 C. almonds
- 1/3 to 1/2 C. sesame seeds, to taste
- 1/3 to 1/2 C. nori seaweed in flakes (optional)
- 3 med. carrots, grated
- 2 packed fistfuls fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
Except for carrots and parsley, dump all the ingredients into a saucepan and start cooking them all together. You can start cooking the lentils onion first, since these take the longest amount of time to cook. When the lentils have absorbed most of the water, let them to cool for 10 minutes.
Add the fresh parsley; using a blender, purée the mixture. Make sure the parsley is well blended. Add the carrot. This amount in this recipe will fill up about two frying pans. Form the mixture into flattened meatballs and shallow fry until crunchy on both sides.