Vegan Persimmon Pudding
Serving Size / Yield
- Water mixture:
- 1 1/2 C. turbinado or organic sugar
- 1 Tbs. molasses
- 2/3 stick of Earth Balance vegan margarine
- 1 C. boiling water
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 C. turbinado or organic sugar
- 2 vegan "eggs"
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 C. persimmon pulp (I used used both Indiana and California varieties, either will work)
- 1 C. soy milk (any non-dairy milk will do)
- 1/3 stick of earth balance vegan margarine
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 2 C. ww pastry flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- a pinch of clove powder
Preheat your oven to 325 and spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
Combine the water mixture ingredients in the baking pan.
The combine the batter mixture ingredients (wet ingredients and dry ingredients)ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Mix wet ingredients together until light and fluffy. Sift dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix wet and dry ingredients together. You will have a thick batter. Take the baking pan out of the oven and pour the batter over the water mixture. DO NOT STIR. The batter will be surrounded by the glaze and eventually soak in during baking making it all really deliciously gooey.
Bake for one hour at 325. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla soy delicious ice cream or coconut bliss if you desire.
Submitted by: Jen Molica