Veggie Bacon Quiche
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 pkg. soy bacon strips
- 8 lg. eggs
- 1 C. low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 pkg. shredded low-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan, combine potatoes and enough salted water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes until fork-tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, cook soy bacon strips according to package directions. Cut into strips. Whisk eggs, ricotta, cheddar and pepper in a large bowl. Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, bacon and spinach; cook, stirring until heated through. Pour egg mixture over vegetables; gently stir to mix. Bake 45 minutes until golden and firm. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.