Serving Size / Yield
- 4-5 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 med. onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 C. mixed vegetables, cut into pieces (include broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
- 3 lg. eggs
- 1/2 C. ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. thyme, marjoram, basil (of each)
- 1/2 C. grated Swiss cheese
Grease 8- or 9-inch pan and line bottom in bread slices. Heat oil in large saucepan, then saute onions and garlic. Add rest of veggies, stir constantly while lightly turning for 20 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, beat eggs in a small bowl. Add ricotta, salt and herbs and mix well, then spread veggies over bread slices. Pour egg mixture over veggies and sprinkle top of mixture with Swiss cheese. Bake in preheated oven at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes.