Veggie Variety Minestrone Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed in a garlic press
- 1 bag frozen mixed Italian vegetables
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 5 1/4 C chicken broth (42 fl oz)
- 2 C water
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in pot until hot and cook onion and garlic until they reach a golden color, about 3 minutes. Add frozen vegetables, tomatoes, broth, water, salt, and pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Add beans into soup and simmer for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Serve in a bowl and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese on top.