Warm Morning Croissants
30 min preparation
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 packs active dry yeast
- 5 C. flour
- 1¼ C. cold butter
- 1 C. warm water
- ¾ C. cream
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅓ C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- Powdered sugar
- Prepare yeast mixture with warm water as directed on package.
- In a bowl, mix ½ cup melted butter, sugar, cream, salt, one egg, 1 cup flour and stir well.
- Add yeast mixture and stir.
- Combine the remaining cold butter in chunks in the remaining flour in a large bowl.
- Mix in yeast mixture and knead well.
- Refrigerate 8-10 hours.
- Separate the dough into 4 sections and knead each sections about 6 times, rotating the dough on a floured surface. You'll want to do this with the heal of your hand.
- Cut each section into 8 pieces and roll them and shape into a crescent.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Beat egg with water and brush the croissants evenly.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy.
Around The Web