Warm Spinach Salad with Dried Figs and Feta
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 C. (about 10) Sun-Maid Calimyrna Figs or Mission Figs, stemmed and quartered
- 2 Tbs. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. sherry or cider vinegar
- 8 C. (6-oz.) baby spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 C. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 C. toasted, chopped hazelnuts
- Cracked black pepper
In a medium skillet or saucepan over medium heat, saute onion in olive oil for 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in figs, brown sugar and sherry or vinegar. Simmer 30 seconds, stirring until figs are coated. In a large bowl, toss spinach and warm fig dressing. Serve immediately sprinkled with feta and nuts. Season with black pepper to taste.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrients per Serving: Calories 210; Protein 4g; Fat 12g (Sat. Fat 2.5g); Carbohydrate 22g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 140mg
This recipe provided was by Sun-Maid.