Warming Winter Vegetable Stew
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 28-oz. can plum tomatoes
- 4 med. red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 med. stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 med. carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 14-oz. can chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary leaves
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- 3 Tbs. cold water
Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. Cut up tomatoes. In 4- to 5- quart slow cooker, mix tomatoes, tomato liquid and remaining ingredients, except corn starch and water.
Cover and cook on Low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water; gradually stir into stew until blended. Increase heat setting to High. Cover and cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.