Wasabi Cream Croutons with Smoked Salmon
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 lb. fresh sushi grade salmon
- 1/2 loaf of old multigrain bread (or any old bread/buns that you have in your home).
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp.
- Wasabi Spread:
- 1 (12-oz.) bag frozen shelled edamame, defrosted
- 1/3 C. water
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. sesame butter
- 2 tps. wasabi paste (not powder)
- fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Cut up your bread into bite sized squares (1x1in.)
- In a bowl combine the olive oil, sea salt and bread crumbs together.
- Mix until completely coated and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 20-30 minutes until crisp and golden.
- In a food processor combine and mix all the ingredients.
- Blend until the spread is smooth and lump free.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container and let cool for about 30 minutes.
Put it all together:
- Spread the wasabi sauce on top of the bite sized crouton.
- After cutting the skin off of your salmon add pieces of bite-sized salmon to your wasabi crouton.
- Serve up onto a platter and enjoy!
Around The Web