Watercress, Daikon, and Avocado Salad with Mustard Seed Dressing
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lg. bunch watercress, chopped
- 1 lg. daikon, peeled and julienned
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1⁄2 C. pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 Tbs. yellow mustard seeds
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. light miso
- 1 Tbs. brown rice syrup
- 1 Tbs. mustard
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
In a large bowl, combine the watercress, daikon, avocao, and pumpkin seeds.
In a dry pan over medium heat, toast the mustard seeds until they start to pop. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining dressing ingredients. Stir in the mustard seeds, pour over vegetables and fold gently to coat evenly. Serve at room temperature.
Note: If you prefer salad chilled, refrigerate vegetables and dressing separately and toss together just before serving.
For more on Terry and her books, please visit her website.