West African-Style Chicken & Fennel Stew
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut in thirds lengthwise
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 large bulbs fennel, cut in half and cut into 1/2-inch slices crosswise
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro leaves
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
Stir the cumin, paprika and red pepper in a small bowl. Season the chicken with the cumin mixture.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Add the fennel to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Stir the soup, lemon juice and chickpeas in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the parsley and lemon zest just before serving.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.