White and Sweet Potato Soup with Garlic Croutons
Serving Size / Yield
- White Sweet Potato Soup:
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 6 C. chicken broth
- 1/2 C. heavy cream
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, freshly grated
- Garlic Croutons:
- 2-3 any stale hotdog buns, bread or hamburger buns.
- 1/2 C. Parmesan cheese; freshly shredded
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
White Sweet Potato Soup:
- Begin by pureeing the sweet potatoes in a food processor. Add a little broth with the sweet potatoes so that they blend smoothly.
- Then place in a stockpot or a Dutch over with remaining broth and cream.
- Simmer the soup for about 1 hour.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients and stir.
- Let your soup lightly simmer and sit for about 20 minutes before restirring and eating.
- Cube bread and place on a baking sheet.
- In a separate bowl mix all try ingredients.
- Sprinkle the mix onto the top of the bread crumbs.
- Last sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Add your freshly baked croutons to your soup and enjoy.
Around The Web