White Chocolate Scones with Cherry Glaze
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 pint cherries, pitted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted sweet cream butter butter, cold and diced
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon half and half
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup white chocolate, shaved or cut into pieces
Mix the first four ingredients in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter in a stand mixer. Add the half and half, egg, and chocolate. Stir until the dough is pliable and combined.
Turn out mixed dough onto a floured cutting board and knead for approximately 3 mintues. Roll into a 1/2-inch thick cyliner, and cut into 8 slices. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has melted and the top is golden brown.
Pour room temperature glaze over the hot scones just prior to serving.