Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 C. granulated sugar
- 3/4 C. packed brown sugar
- 1 C. butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 C. Gold Medal whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 C. coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if using. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto non-greased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies