Wildfire Salad with Gorgonzola Bruschetta
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. Lundberg® Wild Blend®
- 1/2 lb. mixed mushrooms (button, cremini, shittake), sliced
- 3 tsp. dried thyme, divided
- 1-1/2 tsp. pepper, divided
- 1/2 C. Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 16 (1/2-inch thick) slices French baguette bread
- 3/4 C. olive oil and balsamic vinegar salad dressing
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 8 C. mixed gourmet salad greens
- 1/2 C. broken walnuts, toasted
Cook rice according to package directions, then stir in the mushrooms, 1-1/2 tsp. thyme and 1 tsp. pepper. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the Gorgonzola, olive oil and 1/2 tsp. pepper and spread on bread slices. Bake on a baking sheet until edges are browned, about 15 minutes.
Whisk salad dressing and mustard together. Toss salad greens with enough dressing to coat them and divide among 4 serving dishes. Spoon rice mixture into the center, sprinkle with walnuts, and arrange bruschetta around the edges. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided by Lundberg Family Farms.