Zesty Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 Small Dried Chipotle Pepper, rehydrated and chopped
- 1 Ear Corn, grilled and removed from cob
- ½ Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Poblano Pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Scallions, chopped
- ½ can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup Chopped Gourmet Garden Cilantro
- 4 9" Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 lb Free Range Chicken; Marinated, grilled and chopped
- Chicken, cut into strips and marinated overnight in: Juice of 2-3 Fresh Limes
- Zest of a Lime
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cheeses, 2 types and 2 cups each
- Colby Jack
- Pineapple Sriracha Sauce:
- ½ Pineapple
- ½ cup Sriracha Sauce
- ⅓ cup Agave Nectar
Start by marinating the chicken overnight in lime juice, lime zest, salt, and pepper.
Shred all cheeses and mix together.
Grill marinated chicken for 7-8 minutes.
Grill the corn until grill marks appear around it and remove corn from the cob.
Lightly grill the poblano pepper for 2-3 minutes, then remove the skins and chop up.
Slice chicken into small strips about an inch long and 1/2 inch thick.
Chop bell pepper, chipotle pepper, and scallions and mix together in one bowl.
Chop up cilantro.
Heat up a medium sized skillet and pour 2 tablespoons of coconut oil inside.
Add in black beans, chipotle pepper, bell pepper and scallions in skillet over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Reheat corn, poblano pepper and chicken in the skillet for 2-3 minutes.
Take out anothe skillet and preheat it to medium.
Add one tortilla into the skillet and place one cup of the mixed cheese on one side.
Put the cooked ingredients, plus a dash of cilantro, on the other side.
Cook the tortilla on each side for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
Pineapple Sriracha Sauce
Take the pineapple, sriracha sauce, and agave nectar and mix in a blender or food processor until blended. The texture should be smooth.
Pour on top of quesadilla for added flavor.