Serving Size / Yield
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- ½ C. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 C. red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ C. water
- 6 large cage-free eggs
- 2 tbs. feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes or until well browned. Add red bell pepper and jalapeno. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
Mix in cumin, paprika, turmeric, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minutes. Add in crushed tomatoes and water. Stir until ingredients are well blended. Decrease heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Using a large spoon, make 6 indents in sauce. Crack an egg into a ramekin and slide into an indent. Repeat steps with remaining eggs. Cover and cook until egg whites are set. Top with feta cheese and parsley. Serve warm.