Sweet Potato & Parnsip Puree
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 C. Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural GoodnessTM or Certified Organic), heated
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
- additional fresh chives for garnish
Place the potatoes and parsnips in a 4-quart saucepan. Add water to cover. Heat over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Drain the vegetables well in a colander.
Place the vegetables, broth and butter into a food processor. Cover and process until the mixture is smooth. Add the brown sugar, black pepper and chopped chives. Cover and process until the mixture is just combined. Garnish with the additional chives.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.